Upon completion of this course, participants will have a thorough understanding of the fundamental concepts of Mechanical installations techniques. Participants will have in-depth knowledge of HVAC, Elevators, Fire fighting and fire alarm systems, Pumps, Drainage system, Heating system , isolation materials inside the buildings, equipment selection, proper operation, trouble shooting through presentation of actual case studies.
Participants will divide into two or three groups and each group will receive a project and at the end of this course, each group will present their project design.
- To teach participants the basic principles of HVAC
- To provide participants with an understanding of the Vapour Compression Refrigeration Cycle
- To explain the purpose of the most common system components
- To provide a thorough explanation of Air Handling units and the processes taking place
- To give participants an understanding of heat pump systems and components
- To provide the knowledge necessary for participants to make a logical selection of equipment
- To provide participants with the knowledge necessary to maintain a variety of types of air conditioning plant and to be able to make correct fault diagnosis and effect repairs
- Provide participants with the ability to confidently deal with outside air-conditioning contractors.
- To ensure that participants are able to witness system commissioning, testing and maintenance
Who Should Attend??
The course should benefit engineering personnel responsible for Mechanical systems
- INTRODUCTION TO HVAC
- WHAT IS AIR-CONDITIONING
- HEAT TRANSMISSION IN BUILDING STRUCTURES.
- SECONDARY SYSTEM COMPONENTS
- CENTRAL SYSTEMS
- MAJOR HVAC SYSTEM TYPES
- ALL-AIR SYSTEMS
- SYSTEM CONTROLS
- INTRODUCTION AND COMMON BASICS OF PLUMBING SYSTEMS
- SERVICE WATER HEATING SYSTEMS
- PIPE SIZING
- WATER HEATING EFFICIENCIES AND DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS
- STEAM AND CONDENSATE PIPING
- FUEL GAS PIPING
- TYPES OF PUMPS
- ENERGY CONSERVATION IN WATER SYSTEMS DESIGN
- MAINTENANCE PLANE PREPARATION OUTLINE
- Presentation & Slides
- Audio Visual Aids
- Interactive Discussion
- Participatory Exercise
- Action Learning
- Class Activities
- Case Studies