This interactive training unit is designed to familiarize trainees with the use and troubleshooting of various types of mechanical seals. After completing this unit, trainees should be able to identify the components of commonly used types of mechanical seals, explain why mechanical seals can fail, and identify causes of seal failures by examining seal components. They should also be able to disassemble a pump to remove a mechanical seal, take the appropriate installation measurements, and install a new mechanical seal.
- Identify the components of a typical mechanical seal.
- Describe how a typical mechanical seal operates.
- Identify commonly used types of mechanical seals.
- Describe some common causes of mechanical seal failures.
- Explain how to identify causes of seal failures by examining seal components.
- Preparations for Seal Installations and packing
- Describe one way to disassemble a pump to remove a mechanical seal.
- Describe checks and measurements commonly made during and after the pump disassembly to prepare for a mechanical seal installation.
- Seal Installations
- Explain how certain pump components are temporarily reassembled so that preliminary measurements can be taken before a new mechanical seal is installed.
Who Should Attend??
This course is intended for all mechanical engineers and technicians working in plan, distribution station, power utilities, and maintenance companies.
- Types Of Mechanical Seals
- Mechanical Seal Failures
- Mechanical Seals Operating Principles
- Balanced And Unbalanced Mechanical Seals
- Main Parts Of Mechanical Seals
- Mechanical Seal Troubles
- Mechanical Seal Maintenance And Replacement
- Presentation & Slides
- Audio Visual Aids
- Interactive Discussion
- Participatory Exercise
- Action Learning
- Class Activities
- Case Studies