This course is aimed at introducing the power system layout and design to utility and industrial engineers. The course will cover some of electrical layout, design, generation and operation.
- To improve the skills of engineers involved in design, operation and maintenance of electrical system. A degree in electrical engineering is recommended to gain maximum benefit from the course.
- To know Principles of reading and interpreting electrical schematics
Who Should Attend??
Engineers and technician involved in design, operation and maintenance of power substations. A degree in electrical engineering is recommended to gain maximum benefit.
- Electrical Fundamentals For Print Reading
- Read And Interpret Basic Schematics
- Reading & Interpreting Code Requirements
- Power Transmission
- System Frequency And Tie-Line Control
- Power Dispatching
- System Security
- Operating Under Abnormal Conditions
- Monitoring And Control Communications
- Transmission System Protection
- The Effect Of Deregulation On System Operation
- Power Dispatch Under Deregulation
- Interconnection Operation
- System Operator Certification (SOC)
- Generation Control And Performance
- Power System Transactions And Coordination
- Presentation & Slides
- Audio Visual Aids
- Interactive Discussion
- Participatory Exercise
- Action Learning
- Class Activities
- Case Studies