Avoiding Power Transformer's Failures During Transmission
This course covers the theory, operation, maintenance and testing of power transformers and auxiliary equipment. Topics included are transformer fundamentals, transformer ratings, transformer cooling, nitrogen gas systems and insulation systems. The source concludes with in-depth discussions on transformer testing techniques. This course is applicable to technicians and engineers who need a sound understanding of power transformer operation and maintenance.
Students will learn safe and proper maintenance and testing procedures on pad-mounted, power transformers. The course covers transformers used in commercial and industrial power distribution systems, including oil
- Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Explain the basic operation of a transformer.
- Discuss turns ratios and calculate terminal voltage and current.
- Discuss terminal markings and various single and three phase wiring schemes. (WYE vs. DELTA)
- Explain how to perform a polarity test on a potential transformer.
- Discuss the electrical testing performed on transformers such as insulation resistance testing, excitation and power factor testing.
- Discuss the various tests performed on insulating oil.
- Identify all methods for oil analysis and diagnosis
- Learn and professionalize their knowledge about electrical and mechanical testing.
- Learn how to plan a transformer assessment program
- Learn how to plan a maintenance program against the reliability index required
Field and shop technicians, field engineers, supervisors and others responsible for the testing and maintenance of power transformers rated 750kVA to 500MVA and 4.16kV to 500kV
- Transformer Principles
- Vector Diagrams
- Transformer Classifications
- Magnetizing Circuits
- Transformer Construction (Construction)
- Tap Changers
- Transformer Connections
- Transformer Maintenance
- Transformers And Relaying
- Presentation & Slides
- Audio Visual Aids
- Interactive Discussion
- Participatory Exercise
- Action Learning
- Class Activities
- Case Studies
Terms & Conditions
ACTrain reserves the right to alter the Course Schedule without Prior Notification, Fees Quoted are Subject to Terms & Conditions Outlined in ACTrain's Registration Policy
Power Systems Reactive Power Compensat
Reactive power had not paid sufficient attention in past. Great attenRead more
Well Service Engineering & Operations
To enhance the participant’s knowledge, skills, and abilities nRead more
Hydraulic Systems (Design, Operation &
The purpose of this unit is to introduce trainees to the components,Read more
Managing Efficient Shutdowns & Turnaro
Learn to take control and not let equipment problems risk your producRead more
Protection & Control for Industrial Po
The continuity of Electrical Power Supply is very important to the coRead more
Compressors Reliability & Maintenance
Compressors find extensive use in power plants, water circulation sysRead more
Measurement & Control
A greater understanding of the measuring equipment can improve the peRead more
Operation of Combined Cycle Power Plan
The aim of this course is designed to provide a thorough understandinRead more