Economy Dispatch of Power Plants
This course will focus on the economic forces that drive utility decisions. We will explore the structure of the utility business and focus on profitable utility operations, for both ratepayers and shareholders. This course will describe how utility management makes cost & revenue decisions and optimizes power system economics based on those decisions.
Participants will attain a basic knowledge of generation economics to meet power system demand and will learn the impact of transmission and security constrained dispatch. This course will provide a general overview of operational costs including fuel and how these prices impact utility economics.
- Understanding power market structure and interaction with production costs.
- Basic economic concepts, including application to electric utilities such as discounting, carrying
- Charges, cost-benefit analysis, rates & pricing, and integrated resource planning.
- Tools and techniques for economic studies including benefit/cost ratio determinations, comparing
- How generators are modeled (with assumptions) for commitment & dispatch purposes.
- How generator features & functions can impact system dispatch (including security constraints)
Engineers, managers, planners and analysts who work for power supply companies and who have to make investment decisions requiring a better understanding of how the power system impacts the economics of generation.
- POWER PLANT CONCEPTS
- SIMPLE POWER PLANT
- BASIC ENERGY CONVERSION
- TRANSFERRING HEAT TO STEAM ENERGY
- CONVERTING STEAM ENERGY TO MECHANICAL ENERGY
- CONVERTING MECHANICAL ENERGY TO ELECTRICAL ENERGY
- HEAT AND ENERGY
- COMBUSTION BASICS
- PLANT OPERATIONS
- POWER PLANT ELECTRICAL PRIMER
- INVENTORY IMPACT AND COSTS
- SELECTING RELIABILITY & MAINTENANCE TACTICS
- DEVELOPING AND SELECTING PREDICTIVE MAINTENANCE SYSTEMS
- Presentation & Slides
- Audio Visual Aids
- Interactive Discussion
- Participatory Exercise
- Action Learning
- Class Activities
- Case Studies
Terms & Conditions
ACTrain reserves the right to alter the Course Schedule without Prior Notification, Fees Quoted are Subject to Terms & Conditions Outlined in ACTrain's Registration Policy
Gear Boxes: Operation, Inspection, Mai
Gears and gear boxes are widely used for power transmission in variouRead more
Process Control & Instrumentation
in this course you will understand the automation control & process cRead more
Power Flow Analysis
The proposed short course is designed to introduce LOAD FLOW AnalysisRead more
Managing Efficient Shutdowns & Turnaro
Learn to take control and not let equipment problems risk your producRead more
Measurement & Control
A greater understanding of the measuring equipment can improve the peRead more
Comprehensive Course in Motors & Varia
The course introduces the student to the principles of electric motorRead more
Rotating Equipment Reliability Optimiz
We’ll provide a new perspective on troubleshooting mechanical aRead more
Reliability Centered Maintenance
The participant will understand the history, the benefits, and the fuRead more