Protection & Control for Industrial Power Systems
All our services are oriented to be offered to Companies, Government Sectors and Authorities within a pre-agreed career development plans and human resources development strategies.
Our programs are designed to serve specific sectors and not proportion with public.
The continuity of Electrical Power Supply is very important to the consumers specially, for industrial sector where the curtail of electrical power supply is costly.
It is important to take the necessary action to prevent the faults, and If they do occur, to minimize possible damage or possible power disruption. A protection system continuously monitors the power system to ensure maximum of electrical supply with minimum damage to life, equipment and property.
Many utilities need this practical course that studies the Relay characteristics during faults, and weak protection points in electrical systems These studies will be elaborated by practical case studies.
- Knowing the fault reasons in electrical networks and Its effect on the electrical quantities.
- Reviewing the Grounding System of generation, Transmission and Distribution Networks and how it affects the electrical quantities, short circuit level and protection system.
- Understanding main concepts of protection equipment and its necessity in electrical System.
- How to make relay coordination for main and back-up protection relays on Ike network.
- How to find the cause of relay operation and verify if it is correct, falls or mal operation
- How to protect the power system due to up normal operational conditions.
This course is intended for Electrical Engineers &Supervisors, who work in operation, maintenance, protection, control and analysis of Utilities & Industries Electrical Networks.
- Introduction To Power System Relaying (Psr)
- Measuring Transformers (Vts & Cts)
- Protective Relays
- Relay Coordination
- Differential Relays (D.R.)
- Impedance Relays
- Under Frequency Protection (U/F.P.)
- Over Voltage Protection (0/V.P.)
- Presentation & Slides
- Audio Visual Aids
- Interactive Discussion
- Participatory Exercise
- Action Learning
- Class Activities
- Case Studies
Terms & Conditions
ACTrain reserves the right to alter the Course Schedule without Prior Notification, Fees Quoted are Subject to Terms & Conditions Outlined in ACTrain's Registration Policy
Design & Maintenance of Electrical Ins
This course will discuss application, installation, electrical mainteRead more
Safety Operation & Maintenance in Subs
The major components of a transmission and distribution system typicaRead more
Troubleshooting and Tracking Faults in
The course provides participants with an understanding of electronicRead more
Managing Efficient Shutdowns & Turnaro
Learn to take control and not let equipment problems risk your producRead more
Electric Generators: Operation, Perfor
Excitation systems play a major role in determining the performance oRead more
A machine element that permits free motion between moving and fixed pRead more
Automatic Voltage Regulator (AVR): Ope
Utilities are required to provide power to their customers within a sRead more
Power Plant Operation & Maintenance St
This general introductory course provides some basic engineering concRead more