Operation, Maintenance & Protection of Power Transformer
All our services are oriented to be offered to Companies, Government Sectors and Authorities within a pre-agreed career development plans and human resources development strategies.
Our programs are designed to serve specific sectors and not proportion with public.
This course covers the theory, operation, maintenance and testing of power transformers and auxiliary equipment. Topics included are transformer fundamentals, transformer ratings, transformer cooling, nitrogen gas systems and insulation systems. The source concludes with in-depth discussions on transformer testing techniques. This course is applicable to technicians and engineers who need a sound understanding of power transformer operation and maintenance.
- Explain the basic operation of a transformer.
- Discuss turns ratios and calculate terminal voltage and current.
- Discuss terminal markings and various single phase and three phase wiring schemes. (WYE vs. DELTA)
- Explain how to perform a polarity test on a potential transformer.
- Discuss the electrical testing performed on transformers such as insulation resistance testing, excitation and power factor testing.
- Discuss the various tests performed on insulating oil.
Field and shop technicians, field engineers, supervisors and others responsible for the testing and maintenance of power transformers rated 750kVA to 500MVA and 4.16kV to 500kV
- Transformer Principles
- Vector Diagrams
- Transformer Classifications
- Magnetizing Circuits
- Transformer Construction (Construction)
- Tap Changers
- Transformer Connections
- Transformer Maintenance
- Transformers And Relaying
- Presentation & Slides
- Audio Visual Aids
- Interactive Discussion
- Participatory Exercise
- Action Learning
- Class Activities
- Case Studies
Terms & Conditions
ACTrain reserves the right to alter the Course Schedule without Prior Notification, Fees Quoted are Subject to Terms & Conditions Outlined in ACTrain's Registration Policy
Power Flow Analysis Advanced
The proposed short course is designed to introduce LOAD FLOW AnalysisRead more
Electrical Measurement Instruments
Electrical Measurement InstrumentsRead more
Self-Development for Engineers & Techn
Self Development for Engineers and TechniciansRead more
Power Systems Reactive Power Compensat
Reactive power had not paid sufficient attention in past. Great attenRead more
Power System: Protection, Automation,
The continuity of Electrical Power Supply is very important to the coRead more
Troubleshooting & Tracking Faults in T
The course provides participants with an understanding of electronicRead more