Operation, Maintenance & Protection of Power Transformer
This course covers the theory, operation, maintenance and testing of power transformers and auxiliary equipment. Topics included are transformer fundamentals, transformer ratings, transformer cooling, nitrogen gas systems and insulation systems. The source concludes with in-depth discussions on transformer testing techniques. This course is applicable to technicians and engineers who need a sound understanding of power transformer operation and maintenance.
- Explain the basic operation of a transformer.
- Discuss turns ratios and calculate terminal voltage and current.
- Discuss terminal markings and various single phase and three phase wiring schemes. (WYE vs. DELTA)
- Explain how to perform a polarity test on a potential transformer.
- Discuss the electrical testing performed on transformers such as insulation resistance testing, excitation and power factor testing.
- Discuss the various tests performed on insulating oil.
Field and shop technicians, field engineers, supervisors and others responsible for the testing and maintenance of power transformers rated 750kVA to 500MVA and 4.16kV to 500kV
- Transformer Principles
- Vector Diagrams
- Transformer Classifications
- Magnetizing Circuits
- Transformer Construction (Construction)
- Tap Changers
- Transformer Connections
- Transformer Maintenance
- Transformers And Relaying
- Presentation & Slides
- Audio Visual Aids
- Interactive Discussion
- Participatory Exercise
- Action Learning
- Class Activities
- Case Studies
Terms & Conditions
ACTrain reserves the right to alter the Course Schedule without Prior Notification, Fees Quoted are Subject to Terms & Conditions Outlined in ACTrain's Registration Policy
Maintenance of Oil Separator & Cleanin
Separators are typically installed immediately downstream of the wellRead more
Measurement & Control
A greater understanding of the measuring equipment can improve the peRead more
Engineering Aspects of Unit Operation
in this course we will present the Engineering Aspects of Unit OperatRead more
SF6 Gas Insulated Substations (GIS)
For difficult applications where space requirements become a problemRead more
Maintenance Planning, Scheduling & Con
In this course the participants will learn latest concepts ,techniqueRead more
Ups, Chargers & Batteries
This five days course gives an insight to the subject of UPS (Un-inteRead more
Pump Performance Indicator
The course will introduce participants to the different types of pumpRead more
Predictive and Preventive Maintenance
This highly relevant course is intended for maintenance and machineryRead more