Operation, Maintenance & Protection of Power Transformer
This course covers the theory, operation, maintenance and testing of power transformers and auxiliary equipment. Topics included are transformer fundamentals, transformer ratings, transformer cooling, nitrogen gas systems and insulation systems. The source concludes with in-depth discussions on transformer testing techniques. This course is applicable to technicians and engineers who need a sound understanding of power transformer operation and maintenance.
- Explain the basic operation of a transformer.
- Discuss turns ratios and calculate terminal voltage and current.
- Discuss terminal markings and various single phase and three phase wiring schemes. (WYE vs. DELTA)
- Explain how to perform a polarity test on a potential transformer.
- Discuss the electrical testing performed on transformers such as insulation resistance testing, excitation and power factor testing.
- Discuss the various tests performed on insulating oil.
Field and shop technicians, field engineers, supervisors and others responsible for the testing and maintenance of power transformers rated 750kVA to 500MVA and 4.16kV to 500kV
- Transformer Principles
- Vector Diagrams
- Transformer Classifications
- Magnetizing Circuits
- Transformer Construction (Construction)
- Tap Changers
- Transformer Connections
- Transformer Maintenance
- Transformers And Relaying
- Presentation & Slides
- Audio Visual Aids
- Interactive Discussion
- Participatory Exercise
- Action Learning
- Class Activities
- Case Studies
Terms & Conditions
ACTrain reserves the right to alter the Course Schedule without Prior Notification, Fees Quoted are Subject to Terms & Conditions Outlined in ACTrain's Registration Policy
Industrial Equipment: Compressors, Pum
Pumps and compressors find extensive use in power plants, water circuRead more
The course is intended to provide electric engineers with collectiveRead more
Plant Maintenance & Trouble - Shooting
Corrective maintenance refers to the activities conducted by the MainRead more
Power System Stability & Dynamic in Po
Power Stability is becoming an increasing source of concern in secureRead more
General Maintenance for Gas Turbines &
in this training course we wil provide the delegates in the relevantRead more
Innovative Skills for Engineers & Tech
This course will make the ability for Engineers and Technicians to unRead more
Pump Performance Indicator
The course will introduce participants to the different types of pumpRead more
Chemical Engineering for Non-Chemical
This course offers an introduction to some of the main subject areasRead more