Power System: Protection, Automation, Economic Operation & Load Dispatch
The continuity of Electrical Power Supply is very important to the consumers specially, for industrial sector where curtail of electrical power supply is costly.
It is important to take the necessary action to prevent the faults, and If they do occur, to minimize possible damage or possible power disruption. A protection system continuously monitors the power system to ensure maximum of electrical supply with minimum damage to life, equipment and property.
Many utilities need this practical course that studies the Relay characteristics during faults, and weak protection points in electrical systems These studies will be elaborated by practical case studies.
- Knowing the fault reasons in electrical networks and Its effect on the electrical quantities.
- Reviewing the Grounding System of generation, Transmission and Distribution Networks and how it affects the electrical quantities, short circuit level and protection system.
- Understanding main concepts of protection equipment and its necessity in electrical System.
- How to make relay coordination for main and back-up protection relays on Ike network.
- How to find the cause of relay operation and verify if it is correct, falls or mal operation
- How to protect the power system due to up normal operational conditions.
This course is intended for Electrical Engineers &Supervisors, who work in operation, maintenance, protection, control and analysis of Utilities & Industries Electrical Networks.
- Introduction To Power System Relaying (PSR)
- Measuring Transformers (VTS & CTS)
- Protective Relays
- Relay Coordination
- Differential Relays (D.R.)
- Impedance Relays
- Under Frequency Protection (U/F.P.)
- Over Voltage Protection (0/V.P.)
- Applications & Case Studies
- Presentation & Slides
- Audio Visual Aids
- Interactive Discussion
- Participatory Exercise
- Action Learning
- Class Activities
- Case Studies
Terms & Conditions
ACTrain reserves the right to alter the Course Schedule without Prior Notification, Fees Quoted are Subject to Terms & Conditions Outlined in ACTrain's Registration Policy
Self-Development for Engineers & Techn
Self Development for Engineers and Technicians isimportant to maintaiRead more
Plant & Equipment Maintenance
The seminar covers the fundamental technology of Plant & Equipment MaRead more
Engineering Aspects of Unit Operation
in this course we will present the Engineering Aspects of Unit OperatRead more
Boiler Operation, Maintenance & Water
Boiler is one of the most basic and indispensable components of our mRead more
Circuit Breakers Operation & Maintenan
The course focuses mainly on the operation and maintenance of circuitRead more
Disturbances in Power Transmission Sys
Disturbances in Power Transmission System This Disturbances in PowerRead more
Electrical Safety Audits
Training is only part of the workplace safety equation. ImplementatioRead more
Power Plant Start-Up, Commissioning &
The objective of this seminar is to identify commissioning, testing aRead more