Power System: Protection, Automation, Economic Operation & Load Dispatch
The continuity of Electrical Power Supply is very important to the consumers specially, for industrial sector where curtail of electrical power supply is costly.
It is important to take the necessary action to prevent the faults, and If they do occur, to minimize possible damage or possible power disruption. A protection system continuously monitors the power system to ensure maximum of electrical supply with minimum damage to life, equipment and property.
Many utilities need this practical course that studies the Relay characteristics during faults, and weak protection points in electrical systems These studies will be elaborated by practical case studies.
- Knowing the fault reasons in electrical networks and Its effect on the electrical quantities.
- Reviewing the Grounding System of generation, Transmission and Distribution Networks and how it affects the electrical quantities, short circuit level and protection system.
- Understanding main concepts of protection equipment and its necessity in electrical System.
- How to make relay coordination for main and back-up protection relays on Ike network.
- How to find the cause of relay operation and verify if it is correct, falls or mal operation
- How to protect the power system due to up normal operational conditions.
This course is intended for Electrical Engineers &Supervisors, who work in operation, maintenance, protection, control and analysis of Utilities & Industries Electrical Networks.
- Introduction To Power System Relaying (PSR)
- Measuring Transformers (VTS & CTS)
- Protective Relays
- Relay Coordination
- Differential Relays (D.R.)
- Impedance Relays
- Under Frequency Protection (U/F.P.)
- Over Voltage Protection (0/V.P.)
- Applications & Case Studies
- Presentation & Slides
- Audio Visual Aids
- Interactive Discussion
- Participatory Exercise
- Action Learning
- Class Activities
- Case Studies
Terms & Conditions
ACTrain reserves the right to alter the Course Schedule without Prior Notification, Fees Quoted are Subject to Terms & Conditions Outlined in ACTrain's Registration Policy
Compressors Reliability & Maintenance
Compressors find extensive use in power plants, water circulation sysRead more
Reading Electrical Drawings
This course is aimed at introducing the power system layout and desigRead more
Combustion Turbine Operations & Mainte
Compressor and Turbine are common in almost all industrial systems anRead more
Power System Restoration & Black Start
Blackouts Occurred everywhere in the world, in the developed countrieRead more
Practical Implementation of Electrical
in this applied course, the participants will learn how to wire up, tRead more
General Maintenance for Gas Turbines &
in this training course we wil provide the delegates in the relevantRead more
Industrial Instrumentation & Modern Co
Instrumentation can be viewed as the eyes and the ears of the operatoRead more
Plant Maintenance & Trouble - Shooting
Corrective maintenance refers to the activities conducted by the MainRead more