Electrical Power Substations Safety & Fire Protection
This program focuses on the basic safety principles and practices applicable to substations and switchyard maintenance work. The program describes electrical, chemical, and personal hazards that may be encountered in substations and switchyards. General procedures for responding to imminent dangers and accidents are also presented.
- Identify Hazards in Electrical Power Substations.
- Explain why safety practices are important.
- Recognize hazards and unsafe practices on the job.
- Describe how to respond to imminent dangers and accidents.
- Have an early warning fire detection system
- Have an effective fire extinguishing system
- To detect and extinguish the fire
- Electric utilities
- Training & safety coordinators
- Types of Power Substations
- Determination and Planning Process
- Traditional and Innovative Power Substation Design
- Design, Construction, and Commissioning Process
Power Substation Safety
- Reasons for Substation Grounding System
- Accidental Ground Circuit: Importance of High-Speed Fault Clearing,
- Touch and Step Voltages, Soil Resistivity, Grid Resistance, Substation Fence grounding.
- Lightning Stroke Protection
Power Substation Fire Protection
- Fire Protection Objectives
- Fire Hazards
- Fire Mitigation Measures
- Fire Incident Management and Preparedness
- Control Building Fire Protection Assessment
- Switchyard Fire Protection Assessment Checklist
- Presentation & Slides
- Audio Visual Aids
- Interactive Discussion
- Participatory Exercise
- Action Learning
- Class Activities
- Case Studies
Terms & Conditions
ACTrain reserves the right to alter the Course Schedule without Prior Notification, Fees Quoted are Subject to Terms & Conditions Outlined in ACTrain's Registration Policy
Valves & Actuators
This five days seminar is intended for engineers and technicians invoRead more
Steam Turbine Operation
Steam Turbines of several types, which have widely varying configuratRead more
Management of Losses Reduction for Pow
With the ever-increasing demand of electric energy, existing distribuRead more
Gear Boxes: Operation, Inspection, Mai
Gears and gear boxes are widely used for power transmission in variouRead more
Electrical Maintenance, Testing, Inspe
This course will discuss application, installation, electrical mainteRead more
Power System High Voltage Substations
Observing the following practices will save time, effort and frustratRead more