Packing & Seal Troubleshooting
This interactive training unit is designed to familiarize trainees with the use and troubleshooting of various types of mechanical seals. After completing this unit, trainees should be able to identify the components of commonly used types of mechanical seals, explain why mechanical seals can fail, and identify causes of seal failures by examining seal components. They should also be able to disassemble a pump to remove a mechanical seal, take the appropriate installation measurements, and install a new mechanical seal.
- Identify the components of a typical mechanical seal.
- Describe how a typical mechanical seal operates.
- Identify commonly used types of mechanical seals.
- Describe some common causes of mechanical seal failures.
- Explain how to identify causes of seal failures by examining seal components.
- Preparations for Seal Installations and packing
- Describe one way to disassemble a pump to remove a mechanical seal.
- Describe checks and measurements commonly made during and after the pump disassembly to prepare for a mechanical seal installation.
- Seal Installations
- Explain how certain pump components are temporarily reassembled so that preliminary measurements can be taken before a new mechanical seal is installed.
This course is intended for all mechanical engineers and technicians working in plan, distribution station, power utilities, and maintenance companies.
- Seal And Packing Components
- Types Of Mechanical Seals
- Mechanical Seal Failures
- Preparations For Packing And Seal Installations
- Seal Installations And Troubleshooting
- Installation Measurements
- Inside Pusher Seal Installation
- Non-Pusher Seal Installation
- Outside And Cartridge Seals
- Presentation & Slides
- Audio Visual Aids
- Interactive Discussion
- Participatory Exercise
- Action Learning
- Class Activities
- Case Studies
Terms & Conditions
ACTrain reserves the right to alter the Course Schedule without Prior Notification, Fees Quoted are Subject to Terms & Conditions Outlined in ACTrain's Registration Policy
Process & Mechanical Engineering
The aim of this course is to be that the participant will be able to:Read more
Distribution Transformer Maintenance &
This course covers the theory, operation, maintenance and testing ofRead more
Chemical Engineering for Non-Chemical
This course offers an introduction to some of the main subject areasRead more
Power System High Voltage Substations
Observing the following practices will save time, effort and frustratRead more
The course is intended to provide electric engineers with collectiveRead more
Electrical Control Circuits for Indust
Rapid progress in power plants and utilities leads to a parallel needRead more
13.8 KV – Switchgear Maintenance
Switchgear plays an important role in electricity distribution and itRead more
Maintenance Planning, Scheduling & Con
In this course the participants will learn latest concepts ,techniqueRead more