This interactive training unit is designed to familiarize trainees with the use and troubleshooting of various types of mechanical seals. After completing this unit, trainees should be able to identify the components of commonly used types of mechanical seals, explain why mechanical seals can fail, and identify causes of seal failures by examining seal components. They should also be able to disassemble a pump to remove a mechanical seal, take the appropriate installation measurements, and install a new mechanical seal.
- Identify the components of a typical mechanical seal.
- Describe how a typical mechanical seal operates.
- Identify commonly used types of mechanical seals.
- Describe some common causes of mechanical seal failures.
- Explain how to identify causes of seal failures by examining seal components.
- Preparations for Seal Installations and packing
- Describe one way to disassemble a pump to remove a mechanical seal.
- Describe checks and measurements commonly made during and after the pump disassembly to prepare for a mechanical seal installation.
- Seal Installations
- Explain how certain pump components are temporarily reassembled so that preliminary measurements can be taken before a new mechanical seal is installed.
This course is intended for all mechanical engineers and technicians working in plan, distribution station, power utilities, and maintenance companies.
- Types Of Mechanical Seals
- Mechanical Seal Failures
- Mechanical Seals Operating Principles
- Balanced And Unbalanced Mechanical Seals
- Main Parts Of Mechanical Seals
- Mechanical Seal Troubles
- Mechanical Seal Maintenance And Replacement
- Presentation & Slides
- Audio Visual Aids
- Interactive Discussion
- Participatory Exercise
- Action Learning
- Class Activities
- Case Studies
Terms & Conditions
ACTrain reserves the right to alter the Course Schedule without Prior Notification, Fees Quoted are Subject to Terms & Conditions Outlined in ACTrain's Registration Policy
Generator Operation & Protection
The course is intended to provide electric engineers with collectiveRead more
SF6 Gas Insulated Substations (GIS)
For difficult applications where space requirements become a problemRead more
Troubleshooting & Tracking Faults in T
The course provides participants with an understanding of electronicRead more
Power System: Protection, Automation,
The continuity of Electrical Power Supply is very important to the coRead more
Electrical Measurement Instruments
A greater understanding of the measuring equipment can improve the peRead more
Electrical Power Substations Safety &
This program focuses on the basic safety principles and practices appRead more
Machinery Problem-Solving Sequence
This highly relevant Seminar is intended for maintenance and machinerRead more
Power Flow Analysis
The proposed short course is designed to introduce LOAD FLOW AnalysisRead more