Civility in The Workplace
To address the growing problem of incivility in the work setting, this workshop introduces the concept of civility, its importance to a company, as well as its typical causes and effects. Skills needed to effectively practice civil behavior, as well as different ways organizations can systematize civility in the workplace will also be discussed. The benefits to Civility In The Workplace are countless and will pay off immensely in every aspect of your job.
· Define civility, understand its causes, and enumerate at least three of its behavioral indicators.
· Understand the costs of incivility, as well as the rewards of civility, within the workplace.
· Learn practical ways of practicing workplace etiquette.
· Learn the basic styles of conflict resolution.
· Learn skills in diagnosing the causes of uncivil behavior.
· Understand the role of forgiveness and conflict resolution.
· Understand the different elements of effective communication.
· Learn facilitative communication skills such as listening and appreciative inquiry.
· Learn specific interventions that can be utilized when there’s conflict within the workplace.
· Learn a recommended procedure for systematizing civil behavior within the workplace
Managers, team leaders and supervisors who are looking for performance improvements on both an individual and team basis
- What is Uncivil Behavior?
- Three Reasons Why You Should Be Civil
- Dealing with Difficult Personalities
- Cost and Rewards
- Effective Work Etiquette
- Being Politically Correct
- Costs and Rewards
- Four Causes of Incivility
- Getting to the Cause
- Examining the Root Cause
- Creating a Cause-and-Effect Diagram
- Benefits of Resolution
- Creative Problem-Solving
- Identifying Your Need
- Writing a Civility Policy
- Implementing the Policy
- Presentation & Slides
- Audio Visual Aids
- Interactive Discussion
- Participatory Exercise
- Action Learning
- Class Activities
- Case Studies
Terms & Conditions
ACTrain reserves the right to alter the Course Schedule without Prior Notification, Fees Quoted are Subject to Terms & Conditions Outlined in ACTrain's Registration Policy
Supply Chain & Logistics Management
This seminar is aimed at both suppliers and buyers who need an overviRead more
Continuous Development & Improvement S
In this course we will be discussed and focusing about planning skillRead more
Managing Multiple Task Priority & Dead
The level of competition in current business environments requires aRead more
Developing Emotionally Intelligent Man
Understanding and raising your Emotional Intelligence is essential toRead more
Creative Thinking & Values of Excellen
Successful organizations recognize that innovation and creative solutRead more
Triangle of Excellence for Engineering
In today’s world middle and senior level Managers, engineers anRead more
Effective Managerial Leadership
It is an achievement to become a manager or a supervisor. Most reachRead more
Techniques of Organizing Meetings
This course will help the participant to make meetings shorter and moRead more